Happy invitation to practice yoga with me.
I offer yoga in all level group settings or privates, both in person or via zoom. The practice I share with you is accessible and trauma-informed. There will be active movement that includes building strength, but also aims to release tension. We’ll find time to slow down and find some ease. Consent is essential. There are no hands on adjustments.
The practice of yoga can be a helpful tool to access our parasympathetic nervous system to feel more focused, grounded and at ease. No matter if we practice 5 minutes, 20 minutes or 75 minutes: yoga can be the pause button in our busy lives that slows down our fast minds and gives our achy bodies some relief. There are no expectations. All that I ask you to bring with you is curiosity for your own body mind. It does not matter if you are familiar with yoga or if our shared time together is the first time you explore the practice of yoga.
WHEN & WHERE
Currently I am based in Ridgewood NY, USA, the traditional land of the Lenape People. Besides teaching yoga, I am working remotely as a SEO manager and consultant. I also tour as the drummer for Ceremony East Coast and A Place to Bury Strangers. That keeps my work schedule and travel itinerary fluid and I am currently not teaching weekly at a certain place. Instead, feel free to send me an email to schedule a practice with me. No matter if you are looking for a private via zoom or a group session for your stage crew at a festival: I am happy to connect.
The practice of Yoga is an ancient tradition that originated in India over 5.000 years ago. Everything I share with you I have been learning from my teachers that learned from their teachers and so forth. There are many different yoga traditions and the history of yoga is – like all history – versatile and multi-layered. Modern western medicine has just started to recognize the benefits of yoga for better health – physically and mentally. And while I am super excited about all the studies that are being released, it is important to me to acknowledge that we – here in the West – are tapping into an ancient wisdom that is not ours but that we have to treat with respect.
RYT-500 and how it started
I have been a practitioner and student of yoga since 2015. In 2019 I received my first 200-hour yoga teacher certification at Art of Balance Yoga in Fredericksburg, VA where I taught vinyasa, restorative and all level. I have been working with Veterans Yoga Project and volunteered at Greenfield Senior Living and Sunshine Lady House for Recovery in FXBG, VA. Since 2021 I am a registered RYT-500 after completing a 300-hour Trauma-Informed Yoga and Ayurveda Immersion teacher training with Indra Yoga Institute. My personal yoga practice is my crucial foundation to navigate through this wild ride called life. This includes a daily practice of movement and meditation and lots of curiosity and an open heart – easier said than done.
Workshops and teachers I have been learning so much from:
- 10/2023 20 Hour Love Your Brain Yoga and Mindfulness after TBI
- 02/2023 38 Hour Accessible Yoga Training
- 04/2021 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Indra Yoga Institute; Trauma- Informed Yoga and Ayurveda Immersion
- 12/2019 Veterans Yoga Project Mindful Resilience Training
- 01/2019 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Art of Balance Yoga
- 04/2023 Pranayama Workshop with Adriana Adele; Three Queens Yoga, Philadelphia PA
- 10/2022 Practicing Patanjali w/ Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., Physical Therapist
- 05/2022 Catch the Breeze: Acclimate with Pranayama w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E-RYT500
- 02/2022 Winter’s Fire: Deep in the Belly w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E- RYT500
- 08/2021 How to Work with the Traumatized Brain w/ NICABM (The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine) and Bessel van der Kolk
- 02/2021 Anatomy Yoga Myths w/ Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., Physical Therapist
- 12/2020 10 hour ParaYoga Nidra w/ Rod Stryker
- 10/2020 Zoom in on the Spinal Twists w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E-RYT500
- 08/2020 Zoom in on the Shoulders & Wrists w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E- RYT500
- 07/2020 Zoom in on the Knees & Ankles w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E- RYT500
- 07/2020 Zoom in on the Hips w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E-RYT500
- 05/2020 Teach People, Not Poses: Asana-based Therapeutics & The Physiology of Stress + Rest w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E-RYT500
- 02/2020 Techniques Lab: Debunking Alignment Myths w/ Mary Richards, M.S., C-IAYT, E-RYT500
- 11/2019 Hormone Yoga Therapy Workshop w/ Anne Petrov E-RYT500
- 09/2019 For the Love of Meditation w/ Elsa Nicholson